Basic data of the welder Paton StandardMIG-250
The digital welder Paton StandardMIG 250 MIG/MAG MMA/TIG Lift is intended for semi-automatic arc welding with MIG/MAG method, gas shielded arc welding with TIG method and manual arc welding with covered electrode MMA, direct current (DC) with the possibility of using the PULSE function.
The “Standard” series is dedicated to domestic and semi-industrial use. StandardMIG 250 provides 45% duty cycle at full rated current of 250A without loss of productivity and quality of work. The robust construction and simplicity of operation makes working with the device trouble-free, despite the small size of the welder, it allows you to achieve excellent weld quality. The use of the fully electronic control method in this series excludes the disadvantages which are characteristic of multifunctional systems. The welding source is set to the optimum value, which allows you to start working with it straight away. For more advanced work, the machine is equipped with additional functions. A characteristic feature of PATON™ semi-automatic machines of the Standard series is a high-quality wire feeder, which has been additionally sealed, as well as the existing KZ-2 “EURO” type integrated connector, which has become a standard all over the world, allowing the user to choose any MIG/MAG chuck according to his own preferences.
Functions and capabilities of the Paton StandardMIG-250 universal welding machine
GASLESS WELDING FUNCTION – WELDING WITH SELF-CONSUMING WIRE
All PATON welding machines are adapted for welding with self-shielding wire. Such welding, as opposed to the traditional MIG/MAG welding process, is carried out without the use of shielding gas – however, it requires a special welding wire. The wire produces its own shielding which helps to protect the welding arc. Self-shielded wire suitable for PATON welding machines can be purchased here – 5kg spools of wire will fit all wire feeders.
SOLDERING – INDUCTANCE ADJUSTMENT
Paton welders of the Standard and PRO series have the possibility of brazing thanks to the function of changing the inductance in three steps. The inductance control allows the arc characteristics to be optimised according to the thickness of the component to be welded. This function is necessary to change the speed of the current flow when changing the arc voltage. The thinner the component to be welded with MIG/MAG, the higher the inductance should be (soft arc – less fusion), for thicker components the opposite (hard arc – more fusion).
PULSE FUNCTION IN ALL METHODS
– PULSE in TIG welding – full control of heat entering the material – a great feature for welding stainless steel and acid-resistant steel,
– PULSE in MMA – easier transfer of material from electrode to weld pool, better quality of welded joint,
– PULSE in MIG/MAG welding – easier detachment of metal droplets from the end of electrode wire, possibility of pulse current adjustment. MIG welding with pulse is useful for welding stainless steel, acid-resistant steel and aluminium alloys. In addition, pulse welding provides better parameters for soldering CuSi3
MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MIG/MAG WELDING MACHINES OF STANDARD AND PRO SERIES
- duty cycle – Standard series MIG/MAG welders have a 45% duty cycle, while the PRO series has a 70% duty cycle at the same welding current value. In addition, the PRO series welders achieve a continuous duty cycle at a higher welding current than the Standard series welders.
- Wire feeder – the PRO series has a separate wire feeder that handles reels from 15 to 18 kilo. The feeder can be separated from the source for convenience in welding other methods – such as MMA or TIG DC. The PRO series also has 2 roll or 4 roll wire feeder versions. In the MIG/MAG welding machines of the Standard series for 230V power supply, the wire feeder is built into the welder, only supports a spool of up to 5 kilo and always has two rolls.
The main advantages of the Paton StandardMIG-250 welder:
- European manufacturing
- Electronic thermal protection system that protects all heat generating parts from overheating
- Reliability thanks to IGBT technology
- Possibility to work with long extension cables as well as with a generator
- Pulsed current welding in all welding methods
- Improved arc glow stability
- Change mode function 2T, 4T, gas purge from feeder function
- The devices are equipped with a voltage surge protection and stabilisation system allowing proper operation in the voltage range of 160V to 260V
- Twice lower power consumption compared to traditional sources
- Optimum melting and correct stitch shape regardless of welding position
5-year manufacturer’s warranty for consumers as well as companies
Top quality workmanship confirmed by a 5-year DOOR-to-DOOR manufacturer’s warranty. STD series models feature a number of innovative design solutions that increase their reliability. These include a sealed and failure-free wire feeder, KZ-2 EURO type integrated connector and a built-in voltage stabilisation module.
The purchased set includes:
- PATON StandardMIG-250 welder
- Electrode holder 3m
- Mass holder 3m
- Wire feeder rollers 1x (0.6 – 0.8), 1x (1.0 – 1.2) V
- Quick connector for gas
- Cardboard packaging
- Operating instructions
Compared to inverter welders from other manufacturers, this product was invented by the designers of the Pilot Plant of Welding Equipment of the Electric Welding Institute named after E. O. Paton, has the following advantages:
- Wide range of adjustment options for welding parameters:
– the MMA method – 1 (basic) + 10 (additional)
– the TIG method – 1 (basic) + 4 (additional)
– the MIG/MAG method – 2 (basic) + 4 (additional)
- Pulsed welding function, which is programmable in all welding modes.
- Protection system against voltage surges.
- Despite the protection against voltage spikes, a stabilisation system has been installed for larger long-term voltage differences in the single-phase power supply from 160 V to 260 V. It is worth remembering that in the case of the minimum voltage of 160 V, welding with an electrode with a diameter of no more than Ф3 mm or semi-automatic wire welding with a diameter of no more than Ф 0.8 mm may be performed.
- Adapted to the standard power grid. Thanks to its high efficiency, the source provides twice as much electricity demand as traditional sources.
- The adaptive fan speed, which increases at the start of welding, increases even more when the welder is warmed up and decreases when it is cool, saves fan wear and reduces the amount of dust in the welder.
- Convenience of operation due to the long load time at the nominal current, which allows welding practically without interruption with Ф5 mm electrodes (for PSI 250 Standard), e.g. АNО-/21/36 at 200 А current at 25 °С.
- Increased reliability of the welder in dusty and wet production conditions. The microelectronic system has been moved to a separate chamber protected by a robust construction.
- All electronic components of the welding machine are impregnated with two layers of high-quality lacquer, which ensures the reliability of the product during its lifetime.
- The welding machine is equipped with an electronic thermal protection system which protects all heat-generating elements of the welding unit against overheating.
- Improved stability of the electric arc glow.
- Continuously adjustable welding parameters.
- Reliability thanks to the use of the latest advanced IGBT technology.
|Rated power supply voltage 50/60 Hz||230 V|
|Rated power supply current||32 – 36 A|
|Rated welding current||250 A|
|Maximum operating current||335 A|
|Operating load factor %||45% – 250 A|
100% – 167 A
|Power supply voltage range||160 – 260 V|
|Welding current control range||12 – 250 A|
|Welding current control range||12 – 28 V|
|Wire feeding speed control range||2,0 – 16 m/min |
|Diameter of a stick electrode||1,6 – 6,0 mm|
|Number of pressure rolls||2|
|Diameter of electrode wire||0,6 – 1,2 mm|
|Coil weight, not more than||5 kg|
|Welding processes with a pulse welding mode||MMA: 0,2...500 Hz|
TIG: 0,2...500 Hz
MIG/MAG: 5...500 Hz
|Function "Arc-Force" ||Adjustable|
|Function "Anti-Stick" ||Automatic|
|Reduction of open-circuit voltage||ON/OFF|
|Open-circuit voltage||12 / 75 V|
|Welding arc starting voltage||110 V|
|Rated consumed power||6,9 – 7,7 kVA|
|Maximum consumed power||9,3 kVA|
|Operating temperature range||–25 … +45 ºС|
|Fulfilled standards:||EN 60204 – 1:2006|
EN 60974 – 1:2012
EN 60974 – 10:2014
|Overall dimensions (length, width, height)||420 х 245 х 298|
|Protection class*||IP 21|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.